Dermaplaning - Treatment Protocol
- Please let your skincare specialist know if you are on any medications (topical and/or oral), have any medical conditions, or are being treated by a physician for any conditions.
- Let your skincare specialist know if you have been diagnosed with cold sores or Herpes simplex.
- No shaving, peels, waxing, or aggressive exfoliations one week prior to Dermaplaning treatment.
- You should wait 7 days after receiving Botox or Dermal fillers to receive Dermaplaning treatment.
- Use a gentle cleanser and apply moisturizer at least twice daily for a minimum of 7 days post treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure as much as possible for a minimum of 3 days post treatment. If you must be in the sun, apply SPF 30 or greater, reapply often and seek shade when possible.
- Be careful of sun exposure for 2 weeks.
- Avoid excessive heat 3 days post treatment, i.e., heavy workouts, steam rooms or saunas, etc.
- Avoid chlorine for 24 hours.
- Avoid facial waxing for 7 days.
- Avoid facial fillers and Botox for 2-4 weeks based on area.
- Do not pick, scratch, or aggressively rub the treated area.
- No scrubs, polishers, or aggressive brushes should be used for 5-7 days.
- DO apply serums, as absorption levels will be elevated in the skin.
- There is no pain or discomfort during the Dermaplaning procedure.
- It is best to relax and allow the Aesthetician to move and manipulate the position of your head or face.
- Try to remain still.
- You may experience slight peeling for the next few days.
- Slight windburn sensation and/or blotchiness are normal for the next few days.
- Skin care products may tingle or slightly burn for the next 2 days.
Dermaplaning treatments are recommended every 3-5 weeks